Dr. John Tibbetts is a native western New Yorker, having grown up and been educated in area schools. Dr. Tibbetts attended Canisius High School in Buffalo, and SUNY at Buffalo for his bachelor’s, doctorate, and postgraduate orthodontic education.
Dr. Tibbetts received two years of specialized training after his four years of dental school education. His educational background allows Dr. Tibbetts to be a member in the American Association of Orthodontists and to use the term “Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.” Only the certified specialist has this intense training in the diagnosis and treatment of abnormally positioned teeth and their supporting structures.
Our practice is therefore limited to orthodontics for children and adults. Dr. Tibbetts is also an assistant clinical professor at SUNY/Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (orthodontics), which demonstrates his pursuit of continued dental education.
Dr. Tibbetts’s orthodontic treatment philosophy is simple: “Treat the patient with respect, giving them the best possible care, coupled with outstanding customer service. This will produce an excellent orthodontic result which everyone can be proud of.”
- Bachelor of Arts in biology – SUNY at Buffalo, 1979
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, cum laude with thesis honors – SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, 1992
- Certificate in orthodontics – SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, 1994
- Master of Science in oral sciences – SUNY at Buffalo, 1994
- Assistant clinical professor – SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, Orthodontic Department
- Former Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- 8th District Dental Society
- Erie County Dental Society
- 8th District Orthodontic Academy, past president
- Guild of St. Apollonia, past president
- Wife: Betsey, Married 36 years
- Evan (Ashley, son Jack, and daughter Ellie) – aerospace engineer, Moog Inc., Niagara Falls, NY
- Leah (Rob and son Ben) – social worker, Ypsilanti, MI
- Shannon (Mark and son Luke) – social worker, Livermore, CA
- Chair, Fox Valley Club Board of Governors